Is there a way to set up stand alone pages for an ecourse that someone could page through on Blogger (from a button on your blog) that would require a password to get into? Password so that when they buy, you could send them the password; but then they could access it from your blog.
If you are planning to use this for lots and lots of pages you might consider making a second blog and password protecting the entire thing, but for a few posts or pages this is a pretty good trick!
1. Go into your template (save a copy of your template first just in case!) and search for </b:skin> Paste this directly after
2. Create a page in Blogger and add all of your content.
3. Click the HTML button and copy everything you would like encrypted. You can add non-protected text above and below the encrypted portion if you like.
5. In the key box type your desired password
6. In the plain text box paste the text you copied and click encrypt
7. Copy the code from the HTML box and paste it back into your page. You can change ‘Show encrypted text’ to say whatever you like.
8. Save and test it out!
9. For advanced users: You can change it from saying ‘Enter the decryption key’ by adding another parameter decryptText(‘uniqueID’, ‘Enter the password:’)
Note: comments are not able to be protected, so you may want to turn those off if you don’t want anyone spilling the beans.
You get lots of points for trying this one out! And, as always, if you have a nerdy question about blogging, Photoshop, WordPress or Blogger leave it in the comments and I’ll answer it in an upcoming Nerd Party post.