Happy Monday! Here’s a tutorial that was requested a few weeks back – how to create the watercolor-like text in my logo. You can actually do this with any pattern, but here’s my technique for achieving the watercolor effect.
1. Create the background – I went to town with a watercolor brush.
2. Add your text. Since I was going with a messy, free form background I didn’t want anything too structured. I opted for a crunchy looking script and cleaned it up a bit once I was done.
3. Make sure the text layer is highlighted and click select > load selection.
4. Once your text is selected, click the watercolor layer and hit copy + paste.
This will copy the watercolor in the shape of your text and paste it in its own layer. Turn off the font and background layers and voila!
If you have a question or would like to see a specific tutorial feel free to leave me a message here. Questions submitted via comments are much appreciated, but will likely be lost in the shuffle.
* I probably don’t have to say this but I’m going to anyway: I’m happy to share my techniques, but please don’t copy my logo. Someone will find it and send me your link and then I’ll have to write you a super awkward email, so let’s just not even go there :)