This week has been rough! Every day something went wrong. Three giant terrible things happened. The word hospital was mentioned far too many times. There was fighting and an enormous client issue. By the end of the week Shane and I were constantly texting each other, “WTF is the deal with this week??”
BUT – I’m not going write in detail about any of that crap. Everyone is ok, but I’m seriously over it. Only puppies and rainbows allowed next week.
Instead, here are my five favorite things that happened this week…
1. I parked it on the couch and finally outlined and started writing my next ebook (yay!) It’s going to be about starting your own design business. I’ve got 10 chapters laid out so far and am 7,000 words in, so if there’s anything you aspiring designers would like me to cover, let me know!
2. We have a guest aerialist teaching at the studio this week and I’ve learned a bunch of new conditioning techniques and a new trick that I’m determined to nail.
3. Wednesday movie night is always on my list. It’s my mid-week break set aside for reading books before bedtime with the kiddos and getting to hang out and do nothing with Shane.
4. I went to my parent’s house for dinner and my mom practically cooked a five course meal. I think she’s a little tired of cooking only for my dad, so I’ll have to get over there more often.
5. I had two new students in my Saturday morning aerial class and I think they loved it!
And now more good stuff…
Kelly wrote about finding your talent >>>
Nut-free Nutella >>>
4 things really productive people do every day >>>
How to recover from a business mistake >>>
7 ways to hang out with your grandparents – so cute >>>
I watched the Diana Vreeland documentary this week – brilliant and inspiring >>>
I’m afraid of other designers >>>
Peanut butter & jelly cookies >>>
Three big money mistakes >>>
The myth of job security >>>